Using VSCO with the Fuji x100s

I am huge fan of VSCO filters for Lightroom. I use them a lot, although I am always tweaking them to fit my style. This time around I shot black and white in camera on the x100s, and then used VSCO within Lightroom to further edit. Obviously there is more control if you shoot in colour and then convert it to black and white but I tend to still get the desired effect I want. If I were shooting for a wedding or paid gig I would most definitely use RAW. With that being said I just love setting up the x!00s to shoot in black and white as it's easier to visualize when taking the photos. Plus, anyone who sees me using the camera almost always comments on how cool the camera is and if it actually shoots in black and white. So, it's also a great conversation starter. Below are a few random photos. My a favourite of the bunch is the carwash shot. Handheld, at a low shutter speed and high iso, the x100s performed great.

Salt and Pepper
Carwash
Carwash
Lexie
Frankies Pizza

0 comments: