A Drive to Kakabeka

We decided to take a drive out to Kakabeka Falls for a walk along the trails. The weather was perfect and there was a light snowfall as well. Willow, our 6 year old husky joined us, and spent most of the time running through the bush.

We then headed back home but decided to stop at a little cafe in Kakabeka. It was a great little place and the food was fantastic (and cheap). I captured one of my favourite photos of the day while we were sitting at our table. The sun was shining in from the window and I got a nice silhouette photo of a salt and pepper shaker. There were also a lot of great vintage and old decor outside the cafe. We will definitely be heading back there in the summer.

On the way back home I finally found the time to capture a couple photos of this old barn along the highway. Overall I was a great day for photos.

Railing Tree Silhouette From Above One Headlight Salt and Pepper Old Seat Bowling Balls Old Barn Old Barn Through Fence

2 comments:

  1. The second (tree) and the last photo let me think of the Bruce Springsteen songs, I like them.
    robert
    PS: is the the 35 lens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All photos so far have been taken on the 35mm lens. It's currently the only one I own. I think the 18mm might be the next purchase.

    ReplyDelete