A Brief Afternoon Walk

I had about 30 minutes to kill before lunch today so I figured I would take a quick walk in the brisk cold. Not too many photo opportunities but I did come away with a few interesting shots. All files below are processed with the VSCO film pack. I have been playing around more and more with the filters and I am actually quite liking it. I just bought the new Polaroid pack which definitely has some interesting filters. I don't like to go overboard so I usually find myself applying a subtle effect and then tweaking it to my liking using the handy toolkit. I'm still trying to figure out if I will end up using it for my wedding and portrait photography... time will tell I guess. As always, all photos are taken with the Fuji XE-1 and 35mm 1.4. My favourite photo was definitely the birds on a tree. It was a bright sunny day and I was kind of going for a silhouette effect. I didn't quite turn out as planned but the lens flare really helped give it a completely different feel. I also rotated the photo a bit and cropped it in. Very minimal post processing as well. Just some colour enhancement and contrast using the VSCO pack.

The Number 12 Lens Flare Birds in Tree Birdhouse

0 comments: